Saturday, March 28, 2015

For King and Country

From their Official Website:
The philosophies of hope and love were instilled by their parents, who raised their seven children in Sydney, Australia, before relocating to Nashville in 1991. Their father worked as a music promoter, so the boys often accompanied him to shows. In their teenage years, they also sang background vocals for their sister, gospel artist Rebecca St. James. When Luke was 19 and Joel 21, the two formed a band and began the journey of writing and recording music.
To Joel and Luke, remaining focused on what truly matters is crucial to succeeding musically. “The best legacy I can leave is if I am a good dad and good husband. If my family environment was out of whack, I don’t know if I’d even be able to write songs anymore,” says Luke. “A lot of my passion and zeal for life is because I have a wife who counts on me and a son who looks up to me and says ‘Dada.’ I can’t believe how much love he has in his eyes when he says that word. I can see the complete trust and safety that my son feels when he is with me. When he began to walk, I often thought, if I could run wild like a one-year-old does and live a life that embraces adventure in that way, I think I would see life entirely differently.”


Discography:
2018 (Burn the Ships)
2014 (Run Wild, Live Free, Love Strong)
2013 (Into the Silent Night)
2013 (Hope Is What We Crave) LIVE CD
2012 (Crave) 
2011 (For King and Country) EP
2010 (People Change) Digital Single, As "Joel & Luke"


Links:

Official Website


Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment